Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fictional Acceptance Speech

I accept this reward for Player of The Year (PoTY) with heightened emotions. I knew I was good, but I did not think I would win this award. I have played for three years on and off due to personal problems, but I would not have won this award if people had not been there to support me and cheer me on. I would like to thank my family, coaches, and friends for being there for me when I needed it.
My family was very helpful during my seasons. They would drive to all my games and watch me play and cheer me on the whole time, even if we lost. They would say to me "Good job son you tried your best, you'll beat 'em next time." That really motivated me to try my best and be all I can be to win for our team. Thank you guys and I love you so much for being there for me all the time and for the support, without you guys I might not have won this astounding reward.
My coaches were great. They were mean and made us do a lot of training, but that was all worth it when we won a game. We needed 'em just as much as they needed us, the players, to win the game. The coaches always made some useful plays that gave us the lead. These guys were awesome, and I thank you for being there and being tough on me because you knew I had it in me to do my best and I did to win this award.
Ahh, now its all about my friends. These guys were awesome. Some of them played with me and we practiced with each other to get better. My other friends were great too. Coming to my games to watch me play and cheer me on. You guys are just important to my success as everyone else is. I thank everyone for my success and I take great pride in winning this great award.
If it wasn't for everyone being there for me, I might not have won this award because people cheering me on and encouraging me is what keeps me going to strive to do my best. Thank you everyone for being there to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment